Our Faculty and Staff
Fundamentals of Systems Development, Global Project Management, Concepts of Information Systems, and Global Systems Delivery Models (IT outsourcing)
International refereed Journals
• S. LIMAM MANSAR, H.A. REIJERS, F. OUNNAR. "Development of a decision-making strategy to improve the efficiency of BPRî. Expert Systems with Applications (Elsevier), 36(3), 3248-3262, 2009. Available online in Science Direct.
• H.A. Reijers, S. Limam Mansar, and M. Rosemann. Introduction and a Compass for Business Process Design, Information Systems Management, 25(4), 299-301, 2008.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR, H.A. REIJERS. "Best practices in business process redesign: survey results amongst Dutch and UK consultantsî. Business Process Management Journal. Volume 13, Issue 2, year 2007, pp. 193-213.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR, H.A. REIJERS, F. OUNNAR. "BPR Implementation: a Decision-Making Strategyî. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3812, pp 421-431. Berlin, heidelberg., Springer Verlag publisher. 2006.
• H.A. REIJERS, S. LIMAM MANSAR. Best practices in Business Process Redesign: An Overview and Qualitative Evaluation of Successful Redesign Heuristics. Omega, International Journal of Management science, Volume 33, Issue 4, August 2005, Pages 283-306.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR, H.A. REIJERS. "Best practices in Business Process Redesign: Case studiesî. Computers in Industry, Volume 56, Issue 5, June 2005, pages 457 - 471.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR, H.A. REIJERS, F. MARIR. Case-Based reasoning as a technique for knowledge management in Business Process redesign. Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management, Volume 1, Issue 2, December 2003.
• H. REIJERS, S. LIMAM and W.M.P. VAN DER AALST. "Product-based Workflow Design". Journal of management information systems. Summer 2003, Vol 20, No 1, pp 229-262.
• C. CEREZUELA, S. LIMAM, D. RIOPEL, 2001. "Processus de dÈveloppement de produit et ingÈnierie concourante", Journal EuropÈen des SystËmes AutomatisÈs, JESA, vol 35, no 6, 2001, pp. 699 - 726.
• S. LIMAM, P. LADET. 1999. "Towards a communicating Petri Net tool for modeling production processesî. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 37, Number 1-2, October, pp. 493-496.
• Book Chapters
• M. Netjes, S. Limam Mansar, H.A. Reijers, and W.M.P. van der Aalst.
• Performing Business Process Redesign with Best Practices: An Evolutionary Approach.
• In: J. Filipe, J. Cordeiro, and J. Cardoso, editors, Enterprise Information Systems, Revised Selected Papers 9th ICEIS 2007, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing 12, 199-211. Springer Verlag, Berlin, 2009.
Refereed and published conference proceedings
• Michael Rosemann, Selma Limam Mansar, Hajo Reijers. Co-editors of the 5th Workshop on Business Process Design (BPD 2009), Ulm, Germany, 7 September 2009, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing Volume x.
• Selma Limam Mansar, Jeria Quesenberry, Raja Sooriamurthi, Randy Weinberg. Information Systems Application Development Courses: A Carnegie Mellon University Experience in Global Pedagogy. Proceedings of the 23rd Annual IEEE-CS Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training. Pittsburgh, USA. March 9-12, 2010. IEEE Computer Society Press. Accepted for publication.
• S. Limam Mansar and R Weinberg. Global Sourcing of Information Technology in the Middle East: the Case of Qatar. PICMET 2008, Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering and Technology, July 27-31 2008, Cape Town, South Africa.
• M. Netjes, S. Limam Mansar, H.A. Reijers, and W.M.P. van der Aalst. An Evolutionary Approach for Business Process Redesign: Towards an Intelligent System. In J. Cardoso, J. Cordeiro and J. Filipe, editors, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS 2007), 47-54. INSTICC, Set˙bal, 2007.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR. "E-government implementation: impact on business processesî. Proceedings of the IEEE sponsored Third International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IIT06). Dubai, U.A.E, November 19-21, 2006, IEEE catalogue number 06EX1543C, ISBN 1-4244-0674-9.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR. "E-Government Implementation: a comparative evaluation of websites maturityî. CD-ROM/Online Proceedings of the European and Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS) 2006, 6-7July, Costa Blanca, Alicante, Spain. Editors: Professor Zahir Irani, Mr Omiros D. Sarikas, Professor Juan Llopis, Dr Reyes Gonzalez, Dr Jose Gasco, ISBN: 1-902316-46-0.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR, H.A. REIJERS, F. OUNNAR. BPR Implementation: a Decision-Making Strategy. Workshop on Business Process Design, 3rd International Conference on Business Process management. Nancy, France, 5-7 September 2005. Lecture notes in computer science.
• S. LIMAM MANSAR and H.A. REIJERS. Best practices in business process redesign: Survey results amongst Dutch and UK consultants. Proceedings of the 2004 Research Conference on Innovations in InformationTechnology, Dubai 4-6 October 2004.
• F. MARIR, S. LIMAM MANSAR. CBR-BPR: A case-based reasoning tool for business process redesign. In I. Seruca, J. Filipe, S. Hammoudi and J. Cordeiro editors, Proceedings of the sixth international conference on enterprise information systems ICEIS, Volume 2, pp 363-368, Porto, Portugal, April 14-17, 2004. ISBN 972-8865-00-7.
• S. LIMAM. Using Simulation and Heuristics for Business Process Redesign: combining the Parallelism and the Resequencing best Practices. Proceedings of the Modelling and Applied Simulation Conference. Pages 111-119. 2-4 October 2003, Bergeggi, Italy. ISBN 88-900732-3-3.
• S. LIMAM, H.A. REIJERS, F. MARIR. Applying Business Process Redesign: a case-based reasoning approach. In F. McGrath and D. Remenyi, editors, Proceedings of the 4th European Conference On Knowledge Management. Pages 635-644. Oriel College, Oxford University, UK 18-19 September 2003. Academic Conferences Limited, Reading, ISBN 0-9544577-2-2.
• W.M.P. VAN DER AALST, H. REIJERS, and S. LIMAM. 2001. "Product-driven Workflow Design". Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD'2001 London, Ontario, Canada. July 12-15, 2001. Pages 397-403. Conference chair: Prof. Mohamed Kamel, Dept. of systems design Engineering, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
• P. LADET, S. LIMAM, F. OUNNAR. 1999. "Decision-Making concerning Production Processes disturbances at supervisory and local levels: a Petri nets approachî. CD-Rom of the Second European Control Conference ECC'99. 31 August - 3 September 1999. Karlsruhe, Germany. Invited paper.
• S. LIMAM, P. LADET. "An analysis of Petri Nets Composition methods through a Production Process exampleî. Proceedings of IEPM'99, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Production Management, Glasgow, July 12-15, 1999. Pages 552-561.
• S. LIMAM, P. LADET. "ModÈlisation par rÈseaux de Petri d'un processus de production soumis ‡ des perturbationsî. Proceedings of the 3rd International conference on Industrial Engineering 26-28 May 1999. Montreal, Canada. pages 1761-1770.
• S. LIMAM, P. LADET. "Towards a communicating Petri Net tool for modeling Production Processesî. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering September 9-11 1998, Brunel University. pages 493-496.
• Other refereed and non-published conference contributions
• S. LIMAM, P. LADET, V. S. DE ORMIJANA, L. VILLENEUVE. 1998. "A comparative study of modeling toolsî. CORS /INFORMS Congress. Montreal, Concurrent Engineering Session. 27-29 Mai 1998.
• National Polytechnic Institute of Grenoble - M.S.
• National Polytechnic Institute of Grenoble - Ph.D.
Global IT, Global Project Management, and Business Process Management and Design
Selma Limam Mansar, Ph.D., is an associate teaching professor of Information Systems at Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar. She is the area coordinator for the Information Systems program. Before joining Carnegie Mellon, Selma held a post as an assistant professor of Management of Information Systems at Zayed University in the United Arab Emirates. Limam Mansar holds a master's degree in industrial engineering (1995) and a Ph.D. from Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble, France (1999).
Her area of research focuses on Business Process Management and, particularly on tools and best practices in Business Process Design and Reengineering.
Selma has recently developed a special interest in global sourcing of information technology and focuses on the case on Qatar and the Middle Eastern region. She has published an exploratory study on Qatar IT sourcing and aims at researching effective IT sourcing solutions. She published on these subjects in various journals and conferences and in particular in Expert Systems with Applications, the Journal of Management Information Systems, OMEGA and Computers in Industry.
In Teaching, Selma taught and teaches courses in Information Systems at both undergraduate and graduate levels and to some extent at the executive level. She currently teaches systems development, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, global courses focusing on global project management and global systems delivery models. Selma also taught graduate and executive level courses and workshops on the topic of business process management and simulation.