Located on the western edge of Doha, Education City is a campus that spreads over 1,000 hectares or 2,500 acres.
Supported by ample residential and recreational facilities, the Education Section of Qatar Foundation is a community of institutions serving the whole citizen, from early childhood education to post-graduate study.
Education City is a hub for the generation of knowledge, provides researchers with world-class facilities and opportunities for international collaboration, while preparing future graduates to become leaders in Qatar and the region. There are many organizations within Education City such as:
- The Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts
- Weill Cornell Medical College
- Texas A&M University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service
- Northwestern University School of Journalism and Communication
- University College London Qatar
- Al Jazeera Children’s Channel
- Al Shaqab Equestrian Academy
- The Qatar Science and Technology Park