How to Apply
Applicants currently in their final year of secondary school that are planning to start university in August (Fall semester), must apply and submit all required materials by our annual application deadline of March 1st.
Submit to the Office of Admission
Your application is not complete until the following items have been submitted to the Office of Admission:
- On-line Application Form: The application cycle for next Spring and Fall will open on September 1st.
- Personal Essay: This is part of the online application form. The essay questions and instructions are provided in the online application.
Official and complete academic transcripts from all secondary schools attended including all courses taken and all grades received for grades 10, 11, and 12. Transfer students must also submit their university transcripts.
If admitted, students will also be required to submit a final transcript upon completion of high school.
Official SAT or ACT results: All applicants, whether transfer or freshmen, must submit official SAT or ACT results. Applicants who fail to submit official test results will not be considered for admission.
- Click here to register for the SAT: Use code 4246 for official SAT score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon.
- Click here to register for the ACT: Use code 5269 for official ACT score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon. Qatar residents can also register for the Residual ACT exams in Education City by coming in person to the Office of Admission. You will need to bring your ID or passport and QAR 300 in cash to register.
- SAT Subject Test results are also recommended, but not required, for all applicants. For applicants to Biological Sciences and Computer Science, the recommended subjects are Math I or II plus two relevant sciences.
Official TOEFL or IELTS results:
- Click here to register for the TOEFL: Use code 4246 for TOEFL score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon.
- Click here for more information about the IELTS: You can also register directly with the British Council office in your country. In Qatar, the British Council office in Doha can be reached at 4425 1888.
One letter of recommendation from a college counselor, principal, or academic advisor.
Download the counselor recommendation form here.
One letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor.
Download the teacher recommendation form here.
- Application Fee: non-refundable 250 QR ($70 USD), can be paid online through credit card upon completion of the online application. The application fee can also be paid by bank draft or cash (in Qatari Riyals by visiting campus). Bank drafts can be made out in either Qatari Riyals or United States Dollars.
Interviews are strongly recommended, but not required, for all applicants.
To learn more about our interview process, please access our Interview page.
Learn more about how we select students and our frequently asked questions by visiting our FAQ page.