The residence halls strive to create a learning community and a supportive living environment where individuals can engage in global leadership, sustainability, and diversity. Living in a vibrant community of fellow students provides an invaluable complement to a student’s academic career. The residence halls are designed to offer a quiet, welcome retreat after a day filled with classes and activities, with plenty of open areas where you can gather and chat.
Student housing options
- Three apartment buildings with 100 rooms each, including studios, one- and two-bedrooms with kitchenettes
- Two residence halls with 150 rooms each, all are one-bedroom without kitchenette
- All housing units are fully furnished, including bedding, wired and wireless Internet access, a television and electronic whiteboard
- All residents have a private bedroom and bathroom
- All rooms have smart-room technology, allowing residents to control temperature and lighting simply by entering the room
- The furniture is modular to encourage students to personalize their space
- Student housing provides ample communal lounges, prayer rooms, study areas and laundry facilities
- Students have access to an on-campus shuttle (with a tram/people mover system beginning operation in 2019/20)
- Housing is gender-specific with designated areas that are gender-neutral
The on-campus dining experience is community-centered, fostering a healthy interaction among students, faculty and staff across a range of venues.
Students who live on campus can eat at any of the food venues. There is a residence dining hall, as well as a cafeteria, several food outlets and a convenience store in the HBKU Student Center. Nearly every university building has its own cafeteria, and coffee shops dot the campus.
For students with a kitchenette, the Education City Lulu Hypermarket is a short shuttle bus ride away (with a tram/people mover system beginning operation in 2019/20).
Apartments and residence halls have 24-hour security staff. Professional staff live on-campus to provide guidance and support. Students’ rooms are secured with electronic locks that use key cards.
Buildings are designed to Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum Level standards, on of the largest grouping of LEED platinum buildings in the world. About 15% of the power used in the residences is collected from renewable energy sources such as wind turbines, solar panels and water-powered fixtures.
Apply for housing
Please note that Student Housing is managed by Hamad bin Khalifa University (HBKU) and not CMU-Q. Rooms are given on a first-come, first-served basis, and you can apply once you receive your official acceptance from CMU-Q. For more information please visit HBKU’s Housing Options page.
Sunday through Wednesday: 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Thursday through Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
+974 4023 5000 (female housing)
+974 4023 7000 (male housing)