- This event has passed.
Game Developer Academy
The CMU-Q Game Developer Academy will teach key skills required in today’s economy including programming, designing, teamwork, creativity, and problem solving. Game experts will guide participants through an exciting journey of video game creation. By the end of the online program, participants will have created their own game and will be ready to present it to the world. This program is open to secondary school students 12-18 years old.
Dates: July 5-23, 2020
Program Fee: 150 USD
This program will take place online. Registration is now closed.
Registration process goes as follows:
- Register by June 17. Registration is now closed.
- Acceptance into the program will be sent out by June 21
- The program registration fee will be due June 25
- A workshop meeting will take place the last week of June
Initial registration deadline is Wednesday, June 17.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Workshop Tools and Software:
- The Game Developer Academy will be using GameMaker to develop 2D games. The engine has its own “gamemaker” language.
- It allows for both block-based as well as text-based programming. The registered and accepted participants will be provided with the needed license.
- In addition, we will introduce free design tools to create 2D sprites and artworks to use in your game!