Cross register in Education City
Education City students have a unique opportunity to gain depth and breadth by taking courses at other Education City universities. Students may cross register at Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, Georgetown University in Qatar, Northwestern University in Qatar, Texas A&M University at Qatar, VCU Arts Qatar, and Weill Cornell Medicine–Qatar.
- Cross registration is open to full-time students at the sophomore level and higher.
- Full-time students may cross register for one course per semester.
- When cross registered, students must adhere to the host school’s academic calendar (start date, drop/withdrawal deadlines, final exam, etc.).
- The final grade that the host school reports will appear on the home transcript.
- The final grade will factor into the student’s QPA.
For students in Education City
If you are a student at one of the branch campuses in Education City, CMU-Q strongly supports cross registration in our courses.
How do I cross-register?
- Review Carnegie Mellon University Qatar course schedule.
- After you have selected the course you wish to take, download the Education City Cross Registration Form.
- Fill out the form online – handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- Print it, sign it, and collect all signatures from your home university.
- Student to email the completed cross registration application form with a copy of the passport to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in CMU-Q micro courses? Learn more
Questions about registration
Contact: Sheila Rian, Enrollment Services Manager
Office: 4454 8565