Return to Campus Guidelines
Spring Semester 2021 Return to Campus Updates
• You must complete the Return to Campus training before returning. Kindly complete the training at least a day before you arrive to give us time to update the security staff. Faculty and Staff training can be found here. Students, please visit Canvas for the training.
• The building closes every weekday at 7:30 p.m. for all community members.
• The building will be closed over the weekends for in-depth disinfection.
• The cafeteria is closed, but the coffee shop is open with limited meal options.
• The Education City Student Center is open, along with many of the food outlets.
• The smoking area is closed until further notice.
• The prayer room is closed at the moment, but will re-open soon with guidelines for health and safety.
• External visitors, including family members and colleagues or students from other universities, cannot come on campus for now. We are developing a process for staff and faculty members to request visitor access.
We look forward to seeing you in the building! Remember to wear your masks and observe social distancing while you are in the building.
Before you return to campus
Consider how you are feeling every day prior to coming to campus. Stay home if you do not feel well, or have symptoms such as fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
Complete the return to campus training found on Canvas
Faculty and Staff
Complete the mandatory Return to Campus Training on FocusU
Faculty and Staff
How to update a Return to Campus Plan
- Area heads and department directors, please fill in the phase 6 Return to Campus Plan by following the link: https://it.qatar.cmu.edu/forms/return-to-campus/return-to-campus-plan-for-departments-and-programs/
- Prior to returning to campus, every faculty and staff member must be part of the Return to Campus Plan for their respective program or department.
How to update a Return to On-Site Research Plan
- In case there is any change to your research plan, or if you would like to request for additional personnel to access the building for research purposes, complete this form: https://it.qatar.cmu.edu/forms/return-to-campus/
Returning to campus updates
- For updates on the student access plan, please visit Scotty: https://scotty.qatar.cmu.edu/building-access/
Entering the building
- Please follow the one-way circulation for entering and exiting the building.
- Scan your ID badge at the entrance doors.
- The security guard will check your temperature and your status on the Ehteraz App.
- A waiting area will be available for those with higher than normal temperatures (above 37.8 degrees Celsius). You will be re-checked after a few minutes, and if your temperature remains elevated, you will move to an isolation area to await your transportation home or to a medical facility.
- This isolation area will be available for anyone who experiences COVID-19 symptoms while inside the building.
- Visitors are not permitted on campus.
Requirements while you are in the building
- Wear a surgical or N-95 mask at all times.
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters.
- Wash your hands after coming into contact with high-touch surfaces, eating, removing your mask, or using the restroom. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Follow the posted instructions for cleaning and disinfecting when you touch shared IT equipment (keyboard, mouse, and computer monitor) both before and after usage, including in the classrooms.
- Follow all posted signage and instructions.
- Host all group meetings via Zoom.
Guidance for community members: COVID-19 Diagnosis or Exposure
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Student Close Contact
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Student Positive Case
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Employee Close Contact
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Employee Positive Case
- Process-COVID-19-Classrooms and Labs
- Process-COVID-19-Faculty & Staff
- Those who receive a COVID-19 positive diagnosis, or have had close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual within the last 14 days, must inform both the supervisor and Human Resources. Students must inform Student Affairs. All community members who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 14 days and refrain from entering the building.
- In order to return to campus, anyone who has previously tested positive must provide medical clearance documentation that shows a negative test results to HR or Student Affairs prior to returning to campus.
Faculty and staff: Mailing and shipping services updates
- Essential flat/bulk mail shipments that do not include tracking information will be processed every month from Pittsburgh to Doha. This includes letters, envelopes, documents and magazines.
- Personal and business shipments received in Pittsburgh will continue to be stored and will be processed at a later time.
- We will provide updates regarding resuming the regular shipping services to the Qatar campus as soon as we can.
Education City updates
- The QF tram blue line, serving Qatar Academy, VCU-Q, QF stadium and the West Car Park, is under testing. When operational, tram passengers will have to show their green Ehteraz, have their temperature checked, wear a mask and keep a physical distance of 2m.
- The yellow line, serving CMU-Q, WCM-Q, GU-Q, NU-Q and QFIS, is undergoing testing and commissioning at this time. Please be extra cautious when driving or walking around Education City, and specifically when crossing the tram tracks in front of the CMU-Q West entrance.