Follow these steps to become a CMU Qatar student
Home Emergency notifications – COVID-19 Information Return to Campus Guidelines
Return to Campus Guidelines
CMU-Q building access updates from November 1, 2022 until the end of the semester.
- The CMU-Q building will be open for the CMU-Q students, faculty and staff everyday through December 2022.
- Please scan your CMU-Q ID card when entering and exiting the building.
- From November 18, 2022 until January 1, 2023:
- Visitors’ access will be restricted.
- Visitors will be granted access only when hosted and escorted by a CMU-Q employee.
- As per the updated ease of restrictions from the Qatari government, Ehteraz is only required inside the healthcare facilities.
- To access the CMU-Q building, showing your Ehteraz is no longer required.
Wearing of face masks:
- The MoPH has indicated that masks are not required. However, we encourage you to continue wearing your mask indoors.
- We ask each member of our community to take personal responsibility to protect yourself and others.
Food and drinks:
- Food and drinks are allowed to be consumed in enclosed spaces.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the computer clusters, the biological sciences and chemistry labs, or any other marked spaces.
- Please remember to keep the space clean after consuming food or drinks in all areas in the building.
- You are still required to self-report any new COVID-19 positive test results: CMU-Q students should contact Student Affairs. Faculty and staff members should contact Human Resources.
- Your information will be kept confidential, and will only be used to protect the community and keep the students and employees safe and healthy.
Steps to protect yourself and the community:
- If you are sick, please stay home and seek medical care.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms, while on campus, please wear a face mask and leave the building as soon as possible.
- Wear a face mask if you are near people who seem to have symptoms, or when in crowded or poorly ventilated areas.
- Individuals who are vulnerable or have a chronic condition are recommended to wear a face mask in indoor areas.
- Face masks and rapid antigen test kits are available at the entrance security desks, if needed.
[ + ]
Before you return to campus
Consider how you are feeling every day prior to coming to campus. Stay home if you do not feel well, or have symptoms such as fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
Guidance for community members: COVID-19 Diagnosis or Exposure
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Student Close Contact
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Student Positive Case
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Employee Close Contact
- Flow chart-COVID-19 Employee Positive Case
- Process-COVID-19-Classrooms and Labs
- Process-COVID-19-Faculty & Staff
- Those who receive a COVID-19 positive diagnosis, or have had close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual within the last 14 days, must inform both the supervisor and Human Resources. Students must inform Student Affairs. All community members who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 14 days and refrain from entering the building.
- In order to return to campus, anyone who has previously tested positive must provide medical clearance documentation that shows a negative test results to HR or Student Affairs prior to returning to campus.
Faculty and staff: Mailing and shipping services updates
- Essential flat/bulk mail shipments that do not include tracking information will be processed every month from Pittsburgh to Doha. This includes letters, envelopes, documents and magazines.
- We will provide updates regarding resuming the regular shipping services to the Qatar campus as soon as we can.
Education City updates
- The Blue Line is operational and currently servicing VCU-Q, Qatar Academy school and the Academy Car Park.
- The Yellow Line, servicing CMU-Q, WCM-Q, GU-Q, NU-Q and Al Shaqab Car Park, is open for passenger service.
- We urge you to be aware of the safety measures to follow while walking, cycling or driving by the tram lines.