Get the tools to thrive at Carnegie Mellon
The Freshman Edge Summer Program is a three-week experience for first-year students who would like a head start on the college experience. During the Freshman Edge, we will give you the tools you need to hit the ground running. By the end of the program, you will be ready to start your first day of classes at CMU-Q with the knowledge and skills to succeed.
Summer 2021 session dates will be announced closer to date of the event.
During the course of the program, you will:
- Create your first project and learn how Carnegie Mellon students work in teams and across disciplines
- Learn crucial skills to manage your time and study well
- Explore the academic resources available at CMU-Q
- Meet your professors, fellow students, and staff members who will support you throughout your time at CMU-Q
- Learn from upper-class student mentors who thrived during their freshman year