A. HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Pantry Services Carnegie Mellon Qatar campus has seven (7) service pantries (otherwise known as Work Room) strategically located around the 1st floor and 2nd floor of the building. It also has one (1) large open service pantry called Faculty and Staff Lounge and two (2) exclusive service pantries in VIP Lounge and Student Lounge. All of these service pantries are well maintained by our highly trained contractual personnel, named Hospitality Staff.
I. Roles of Hospitality Staff
* Serves coffee, tea and other refreshments to faculty and staff
* Provides assistance in basic paper works like photocopying, sorting, book binding, shredding.
* Maintains stock level of pantry supplies and office supplies in the assigned work room.
* Ensures timely replenishment of paper supply in the printer and copier casing.
* Inter-department delivery of document.
II. Working Hours
Time – In 7:30 AM
Noon Break 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Time – Out 4:00 PM
B. OFFICE SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
Need of Office Supplies?
I. Simple Steps
* Visit the copy room or service pantry nearest you
* Check what you need inside the cupboards
* Could not find what you need?
* Send your request to FMHotline@qatar.cmu.edu
* Better yet, open Jarir Bookstore’s website at http://www.jarirbookstore.com/index.asp and send us the link of what you need.
* For special order of office supplies, please provide business justification, subject to approval.
II. Sample of Office Supplies Available in the Work Room
Paper pad, pen, pencil, stapler, staple wire, paper clip, push pin, post it, scissor, highlighter, glue, board marker, board eraser, board magnet, adhesive tape, sharpener, folder, A4 paper, A3 paper, roller corrector, laminating film, label printer, binder, binder rings, pen holder, racks, trays, cutter, puncher, etc.
III. Office Equipment We Maintain Inside the Workroom
Shredder, Photocopier, Book Binder, Scanner, Laminating Machine, paper cutter, fridge, microwave, coffee machine, electric boiler and plotter.
C. DRIVER AND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
I. Scope of Services
* To facilitate bills payment
* To deliver and pick-up documents and parcel of NOT MORE THAN 5 kilos within close premises
* To provide transport for urgent purchase of business related items
II. Ground Rules
* Observance of 24 hours notice
* All requests are subject to availability and approval
* Any request received after 4pm is considered as received request for the next business day.
III. Working Hours of Driver
Time - In 7:30 AM
Time - Out 3:30 PM
D. RETAIL SERVICES
Food Services is located near the Food Court, 1st floor of South Hall. Is serves fresh array of salads, sandwiches, heavy meals and light refreshments. It also has live station in preparing everyone's delectable pizza - mix match of ingredients to suit everyone's taste! Place your order at telephone numbers 4454 8477 and collect it afterwards. No delivery service is available for the meantime. Store opens Sunday through Thursday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.