Desktop Restore (All Platforms)
1) On your computer, Launch the CrashPlanPRO Desktop Client, and choose the Restore tab.
· Windows: Programs > CrashPlan > CrashPlan
· Mac: Applications > CrashPlan
· Linux: Desktop > CrashPlan
2) Choose the source computer from which the file was backed up.
· All the computers you are backing up will be listed in the dropdown menu next to “Restore Files for Computer”.
3) In the Find files to restore box enter the file name to restore.
· If you aren’t sure of the exact file name, enter the first few characters of the file name.
4) Check the box next to the File(s)/Folder(s) you would like to restore.
5) If there are multiple versions of the file you want to restore, expand the file by click the small triangle next to the file name, and Check the Most Recent link.
· Choose the date and time of the file you want restored.
· Click Ok.
6) (optional) Click the Desktop link below if you want to change the location where the restored file should go. Clicking the link cycles through your restore location options. You can send restored files to your desktop, to their original location on your computer or to another folder that you choose - in which case, click the default restore location (e.g., Desktop) to select a new location.
7) (optional) Click the Replace link, if you don’t want the restored files to overwrite the existing file. When you click the link the setting changes to “rename”.
8) Click Restore. The data you restored is saved to the location you specified.