Web Restore (All Platforms)
1) Launch a web browser of your choice (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and go to http://crasplan.qatar.cmu.edu
2) Login with you username and password (Same as the one you use to login to your computer)
3) Select the “My Computers” tab in not already selected
4) Click on the computer name of the computer you wish to restore files from (you may be backing up more than one computer ) and the computer name could be one of the following examples:
a. Computer name: anything you may have named your computer, Or
b. Dynamic DNS name that is picked up from the network dyn-86-36-46-21.qatar.cmu.edu
5) Once you have selected your computer name, you will notice that you have more options on the left pane
6) Select “Restore Files” from the left pane.
7) You should then be presented with a Hierarchy of your file(s)/folder(s), navigate to the location in which you stored the file you are trying to recover e.g. Desktop and click the triangle next to the folder to expand it and select the file you are trying to restore, you can also select whole folders and restore all the content of that folder.
8) Once you have selected your file(s)/folder(s) by checking the box next to it, you will notice the “Restore” button in now active. Click it and wait for a download link to appear near it.
9) Crashplan will zip the file(s)/folder(s) ready for download, once ready, click on the link and download your zip file to your desired location and extract it.
10) Please remember you have a file(s)/folder(s) cap of 250MB if the total of the files you are trying to download are larger than that, I advise that you split the restore process up.