User Enrollment in a Blackboard Course
Students registered in the HUB and officially enrolled in a course will automatically be enrolled in a Blackboard course.
Common Problem: Certain types of students commonly experience enrollment problems and therefore do not have access to course materials in Blackboard, especially during the first two weeks of the semester.
Cross-Registered Students: It can take up to two weeks for cross-registered students to receive their Andrew IDs. While your students await their Andrew IDs, you may want to allow guest access to your Blackboard course.
Instructors and TAs have the ability to manually enroll a user in the course (such as a TA, waitlisted student, guest lecturer).
NOTE: Users must have a Qatar account to be added to the course. If a user does not have an Andrew account, refer to the "User Accounts" documentation.
NOTE: In Blackboard 9.1, the "Search" field on the "Users" page is intended for searching students already enrolled in the Blackboard course and does NOT search for all users listed in the Carnegie Mellon directory. A separate "Search" field (located a couple of clicks away) is provided for finding users to manually enroll in the course.
To Manually Enroll a User...
- From the "Control Panel," expand the "Users and Groups" menu, then click "Users."
- Click the "Find Users to Enroll" button (located at the top of the "Users" page).
You can either enter one or more "Username(s)" (separated by a comma) in the text field provided, or click "Browse..." to search for a user.
When the search is complete a list of names will appear.
- Be aware: If the user you are trying to add is already enrolled in the Blackboard course, his/her name will not appear in the search return list.
- Note: When a student has become "disabled" in the course, his/her name will not appear in either list. Contact Blackboard Support for assistance when this occurs.
- If you wish to find a user who is already enrolled in the course or wish to show all users in the course, go back to the "Users" main page and use the search field on that page.
- When the search is complete a list of names will appear.
- Select the checkbox next to the name(s) of the individual(s) you'd like to enroll.
- Select the role for the user or leave it at the default of "Student."
- Click "Submit."