The framework of the Carnegie Mellon Qatar Leadership Development Curriculum centers around the famous Andrew Carnegie quote "My heart is in the work."
Carnegie Mellon Qatar has identified six Core Convictions: Service, Action & Reflection, Relationships, Risk, Inspiration and Self-Knowledge of Leadership that, practiced together, can lead one to being a person whose "heart is in the work." All leadership development opportunities on campus center around this philosophy. The university offers a host of different opportunities for you to learn more about yourself and your leadership potential. This includes formal programs offered, experiences in which you can apply what you learn, and classes incorporating aspects of leadership.
- GPS 1.0 - First-year student leadership seminar based on the social change model of leadership
- GPS 2.0 - Follow up leadership seminar open to students who graduated from GPS 1.0
- Women's Leadership Program - A leadership development program focused on developing our female student leaders
- Student Leader Workshop - One day leadership workshop with students from across Education City
- LeaderShape - A one week program teaching young adults to lead with integrity and create a vision for positive change in their community
- Senior Leadership Awards - An award given to graduating seniors to recognize outstanding leadership to the Carnegie Mellon community
In addition to these opportunities, we try to provide an array of resources for students to learn more on their own about leadership. Student Affairs maintains a library on leadership, cultural studies, community building, etc.