Information for International Students
The Office of International Education will liaise with the appropriate Qatar Foundation departments to process certain student requests. See below for procedures, documents and time lines.
Incoming International Students: Class of 2017
Students must submit exit permit requests at least 5 business days before the expected date of travel.
- Send an email to international-education[at]qatar.cmu.edu with the following:
- Your name
- Date of Travel
- Travel Destination
- The approval process for exit permit requests is done electronically, however it must still be approved by QF Finance before we can send to QF immigration. Please be sure you have no outstanding balance with QF as this will cause the exit request to be rejected.
- Once QF Government Affairs processes your exit permit, it is valid for 7 days, inclusive of the day it was processed.
RP (Residence Permit) RENEWALS
Please note the expriaration of your Residence Permit. For RP's expiring over the summer, OIE will request the renewal before the end of the semester prior to expiration. Plan ahead and make the request early!
- Bring your original passport and Qatar ID to the Office of International Education
- Approximately 5-7 business days
OBTAINING A QATARI DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Send an email to OIE to request a no-objection letter from the Qatar Foundation for you to get a driver's license.
- Visit www.moi.gov.qa and print the Driving License Application Form
- Print and sign the top section of the form
- Attach a colored photograph of yourself (4.8 x 3.8cm, non-white background)
- Take your application to a licensed eye exam center and submit to an examination
LOST OR STOLEN QATARI ID
- Go to a Qatari Police Station to request a Police Report for your lost ID
- Bring the original Police Report to OIE
- Bring 500 QAR in cash to cover the ID replacement fee.
If your RP is up for renewal, you will not have to pay for the replacement ID. In this case, the police report will be submitted instead of the ID card and a new one will be issued.
ON CAMPUS STUDENT HOUSING:
New students should simply complete the New Student Form, and the Office of International Education will follow up direction about the application process.
Current students: To request housing, please complete the CMUQ Housing Request Form.
- Housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When it has been confirmed that you are fully compliant with health and wellness requirements, the Office of International Education staff will forward your housing request to QF Housing & Residence Life and they will contact you with application information.For information regarding the student housing experience, please visit Housing and Residence Life here.
- Specific housing questions can be directed to email@example.com.